Liliana LFP-V Edition (Discontinued)
First battery-powered amp to unite high-current MOSFET outputs with our innovative tube stage. Delivers iron-fisted power wrapped in a velvet glove!
For truly lifelike sound and unparalleled technology, this amp has no peer!
At 115 watts RMS per channel into 8-ohms (230 watts RMS per channel into 4-ohms), Liliana Monoblocks drive even power hungry speakers with ease.
But unlike some high-watt amps that may sound flat at moderate volume levels, these monoblocks sound amazing, even at low listening levels. And when you crave “you-are-there” SPLs, Liliana redefines what to expect from a reference-level amplifier.
Compared to our original Liliana, the Renaissance Edition delivers:
- Better sound, made possible by our updated Renaissance Edition tube stage
- An updated look: New chrome plated spiked feet and power switch knob
- Expanded tube choices, for more options to tailor sound to taste
Renaissance Edition upgrades available for your Lilianas LFP-V Edition. Learn more
- New Renaissance Edition Class-A tube stage, delivering the highest level of sonic purity
- High-current, battery-powered Class-AB MOSFET output stage allows for very strong “dc-direct” current delivery, so Liliana’s dynamics and control are out of this world!
- Onboard microprocessor controlled thermal and short-circuit management make Liliana virtually bulletproof
- Onboard SMART battery management
- Front-panel rotary switch controls power ON / OFF and SMART operation mode
- Line-level output “pass through” provides option to drive active subwoofers or other power amplifiers (i.e. bi-amping)
- Revolving top windows, for easy tube rolling
- Hand-built in the USA
- Backed by our 10-year warranty and highly personalized customer service
State-of-the-art technology. Delivers improved sound & added convenience compared to alternative battery types.
LiFePO4 (LFP) battery packs have much lower internal resistance (compared to SLA), which translates directly into better sound. And only Red Wine Audio offers premium LFP battery packs for an entire line of hi-fi components, resulting in:
- Great dynamics
- Tight, resolved bass
- An open and extended treble response
- The most environmentally friendly battery technology available
- 5 times the cycle life compared to sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries
- No loss in cycle life when batteries run to complete discharge
- Built-in, custom-designed cell management, optimizing battery performance and reliability
- Ease of replacement, with no special skills or soldering required
Adds richness and warmth. Standard on most components.
We’re the first company to combine tube richness and warmth, with a level of purity only LiFePO4 battery power can deliver, and make it available across an extensive line of audio components, delivering:
- A large 3-dimensional soundstage
- Lifelike harmonics and tone
- Outstanding retrieval of subtle detail
- The blackest background achievable using tubes
- An emotionally involving, “toe-tapping” listening experience
- Ability to fine tune the sound, via tube rolling, to match your system needs and musical taste
- New on-board switch allows choice of 6922 or 12AX7 families of tubes, for added flexibility in tube rolling
- New addition of polystyrene bypass capacitors provides more open and nuanced top-end response
- Operates in Class-A mode, delivering the highest level of sonic purity
- Delayed turn-on sequencing mutes audio signal while tubes warm up, avoiding turn on / off “pops”
- Maximizes tube life by heating them prior to applying plate voltage
- “Buffered-design” via high input impedance and low output impedance, breaths additional life into your music
- Auto-biasing for tubes – so just plug ‘n play!
6922 / E88CC, 6DJ8 / ECC88, 7308 / E188CC, 7DJ8 / PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8
12AX7 / ECC83, E83CC / ECC803, 5751, 12DT7 / 12DM7/12DF7, 6681, 7058, and 7025
Fully automates all aspects of battery management. AC power can be totally absent from signal path, for better sound.
Our innovative SMART board (Seamless battery Monitoring and Auto Recharge circuiT) continuously monitors battery pack voltage. When voltage drops to predetermined level, SMART turns your unit OFF and begins charging. When charging is complete, the external charger can remain connected indefinitely. It’s that simple!
New 3-position front-panel rotary switch provides added convenience when selecting one of three operating modes:
1. OFF and charging
2. ON while charging at the same time, for unlimited play time
3. ON in “Pure Battery Mode,” where both positive and negative leads of battery charger internally disconnect from battery (so there’s zero chance of sound degradation)
- In-rush current limiting provides your unit with soft starting, maximizing component lifespan
- External battery charger to completely eliminate internal AC noise
Personal pride is evident in every component we build. Our products:
- Are designed and built by hand in the USA
- Incorporate premium parts throughout like discrete FETs vs. lesser sounding (and less expensive) op amps
- Feature purist circuit designs, including short and direct signal paths
- Run 'off-the-grid' on pure LiFePO4 (LFP) battery power, eliminating the AC-to-DC conversion process when listening
- Are built to last, and backed by a comprehensive 10-year warranty and highly personalized service
Note: Liliana reviews follow. Liliana Renaissance Edition is an upgraded version of the original Liliana.
"…this is high-class sound, with a serving of awesome on the side."
"…regardless of tubes I had on hand to explore, the bass delivery was strong, tuneful, and deep, with a sound stage that was easily on par with my personal references. I had absolutely no trouble making low-impedance loudspeakers dance and even with a high-sensitivity “magnifying glass” loudspeaker, the tunes were as delicate or as slammin’ as the performer required."
“…this is a wonderful amp. Highly recommended!”
Source: Scot Hull, Part-Time Audiophile
TONEAudio test drives the Liliana monoblocks. Looks like Jeff LOVES what he hears!
“… [the Liliana monoblocks] feature neutral tonality, speed, dynamics and low level detail retrieval that few amplifiers in their price category can match.”
“The Lilianas have an excellent sense of pace and timing, combined with tons of texture.”
“…these amplifiers are of top quality and able to be installed in the context of any system.”
“Highly recommended! ”
Source: Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio Magazine
Our new Liliana Monblocks earn a "Top Tone 2012" award! Jeff Dorgay – Tone’s Publisher – notes for the selected products, “…we’ve picked the components that are our absolute favorites…”
“The Liliana offers the grain-free sound and uncanny low-level detail resolution for which RWA is known and brings the Liliana to a wider range of speakers with its additional power.”
Inefficient speakers? Large room? Or simply craving superb sound backed by abundant power? 6Moons finds your destination in Red Wine Audio’s new Liliana Monoblocks!
“…RWA(s) recipe has been successfully scaled up to drive beastlier speakers.”
“For an amplifier such low-impedance current delivery means superior control over the connected loudspeaker.”
“With the Lilianas we thus get the promise of perfectly silent operation, perfectly consistent always predictable performance and what Vinnie views as the perfect combination of slam and delicacy.”
“Applied equally and consistently to build quality, to the proven battery concept, to applicability (which includes most speakers any shopper in these leagues would consider) and finally to the core but now refined sound signature, the most relevant catch phrase for Liliana really is super solid! That then becomes your destination…”
Source: Srajan Ebaen, 6moons.com
At 115wpc RMS into 8-ohms, and powered off-the-grid by premium LFP battery packs, Liliana marks another industry first for Red Wine Audio
|Included tube||12AX7 (ECC83) dual triode|
6922/E88CC, 6DJ8/ECC88, 7308/E188CC, 7DJ8/PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8
12AX7/ECC83, E83CC/ECC803, 5751, 12DT7/12DM7/12DF7, 6681, 7058, and 7025
115 watts RMS per channel into 8-ohms
230 watts RMS per channel into 4-ohms
|Recommended nominal speaker impedance||
4 to 16 ohm - and stable with impedance dips down to 1.5 ohm
(if you have questions regarding your speakers, please contact us)
|Input Sensitivity||Approximately 0.6 Vrms|
|DC Offset Voltage||Hand-tuned to no greater than +/- 5mV|
Battery Pack / Charger
|Battery||Red Wine Audio 51.2V LiFePO4 battery pack|
|Battery charger||60V, 1A LiFePO4 battery charger; Input voltage range: 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz|
|Typical continuous play time in battery mode between full charges||Approximately 6 to 8 hours|
|Dimensions||12" width x 14" depth (including front panel knob and rear panel jacks) x 4.5" height (including spiked feet)|
|Weight (without charger)||Approximately 16 lbs. (per monoblock)|
|Package weight||Approximately 20 lbs. (per monoblock)|