Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition (Discontinued)
Headphone Amplifier and DAC
Audiophile headphone amplifier with built-in DAC. Doubles as high-end standalone digital-to-analog converter. Available with high-res (24/192k) playback.
Isabellina HPA combines Isabella’s headphone stage with Isabellina’s digital-to-analog converter. Discriminating headphone users will find the sound hard to beat at any price!
Latest generation of our much loved Isabellina HPA
Upgrade available for previous versions
- Delivers a highly-resolved and seductive headphone listening experience
- Couples warmth and tone, while uncovering subtle details and delicate spatial cues
- Runs on LFP batteries, so HPA can be easily transported to the patio or work
- Includes remote volume control for added convenience
- Supports three types of digital connectivity (USB, Coaxial and Optical)
- Red Book (16-bit) playback ships standard
- Optional Isabellina Pro adds high-resolution playback (24/192k)
- Optional 4-pin XLR balanced output stage
Learn about the unique design innovations behind our sound.
Adds richness and warmth.
SMART Battery Monitoring
Fully automates all aspects of battery management.
Doubles as external DAC or linestage for digital music
- HPA’s tube-stage also feeds rear-panel outputs -- Just add an interconnect cable to enjoy your Isabellina DAC in any audio system
- Outputs can be ordered fixed or variable, at no additional cost
- Choose variable outputs and your HPA can feed a 2ch power amp, eliminating the need for a separate linestage when listening to digital music
- Combination of variable outputs and supplied remote control make leaving the comfort of your listening chair harder than ever!
Take your entire headphone system off-the-grid!
Optional 5V/12Vdc output jack allows you to take select products like Wadia i170, Onkyo ND-S1, Pure i20 and others off AC power, letting you harness the benefits of LFP battery-power for your entire headphone rig.
*Custom-made DC power cable sold separately
Isabellina DAC now part of Jeff Dorgay’s reference system
“Not only did it get one of our PC awards, I purchased the review sample and have been using it as a reference component for almost a year on a daily basis.”
Referencing Red Wine Audio’s Isabellina HPA DAC/headphone amp, this is the question Steve Guttenberg poses in CNET News. But, Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition owners already know the answer.
“I’ve reviewed and auditioned a lot of headphone amplifiers over the years, but Red Wine Audio’s Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition stood out from the pack… It sounds remarkably pure, detailed, and clean, but without any false clarity.”
“…acoustic music sounded a giant step closer to the way it does in real life…”
“… Isabellina sounded more like live music.”
Source: Steve Guttenberg, CNET News
“…Red Wine Audio Isabellina is the best USB DAC / amp solution I have heard. There’s nothing more to say really, this is quite clearly the best sound I have heard coming out of my headphones, and by quite a margin.”
Source: Daryl Hoffman, Headphonista
“…it let me enjoy the music without feeling that I was listening through headphones, disconnected from reality. Its freedom from the AC grid allowed it to provide the purest music signal, elevating my enjoyment of what truly matters: the music.”
Source: Uday Reddy, SoundStage!
“In twenty years of performing and recording, I have never heard anything that approaches the natural sound of the HPA for acoustic music.”
|Included tube||6922/E88CC dual triode|
|Accepted tubes||6922/E88CC, 6DJ8/ECC88, 7308/E188CC, 7DJ8/PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8|
|Digital to analog converter (DAC)||16-bit, non-oversampling, using purist R-2R conversion|
|DAC analog output stage||Discrete, Class-A transistor output with cathode follower vacuum tube stage|
|Number of digital inputs||3 (USB, Coaxial, and Optical), user selectable|
|Output voltage||2Vrms max.|
|Headphone output||1/4" stereo output jack|
|Minimum headphone impedance||16-ohm|
|Headphone stage gaiin||6db|
|Power supply transformer / rectifiers / transformers in signal path||None – for the purest possible sound reproduction|
Battery Pack / Charger
|Battery||Red Wine Audio 25.6V LiFePO4 battery pack|
|Battery charger||30V, 2A LiFePO4 battery charger; Input voltage range: 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz|
|Typical continuous play time in battery mode between full charges||Approximately 6 hours|
|Dimensions||12" width x 9" depth x 3.5" height (including feet)|
|Weight (without charger)||Approximately 8 lbs.|
|Package weight||Approximately 14 lbs.|