Get the most from all your dynamic headphones!
Single-ended & balanced output stages come standard
Cassabria is an upgraded version of our Corvina headphone amplifier, known for delivering a highly-resolved and seductive headphone listening experience.
And both single-ended and balanced output stages come standard on Cassabria — so one amp drives all your dynamic headphones!
Like all Red Wine Audio components, Cassabria runs on pure LFP battery power, so your unit can be easily transported to the patio or work.
Compared to Corvina, the Renaissance Edition upgrade delivers:
- Better sound
- A fresh new look
- Rapid access for tube rolling
- Expanded tube choices, for more options to tailor sound to your taste
- Support for both single-ended and balanced headphones, as standard features
Renaissance Edition upgrades available for your Corvina LFP-V Edition. Learn more
- New Renaissance Edition tube stage
- Two switchable inputs
- Alps Blue Velvet volume control *
- New front-panel rotary switch controls power ON / OFF and SMART operation mode
- Balanced stage features high-current, discrete FET design delivering a clean 5 watts RMS into 32-ohms
- Hand-built in the USA
- Backed by our 10-year warranty and highly personalized customer service
* Does not support remote volume control
Take your entire headphone system off-the-grid!
Optional 5V or 12Vdc output jack allows you to take select products like Wadia i170, Onkyo ND-S1, Pure i20 and others off AC power, letting you harness the benefits of the internal LFP battery-power for your entire headphone rig.
* Custom-made DC power cable sold separately
We offer both single-ended and balanced headphone stages
The single-ended output brings your music to life with fine resolution, lifelike soundstage, and natural timbre & tone. And for your hard-to-drive headphones, the balanced headphone stage offers all the sonic goodness of our single-ended stage — plus it delivers more power and stunning dynamics.
Single-ended headphone stage…
- Delivers a highly-resolved and seductive headphone listening experience
- Couples warmth and tone, while uncovering subtle details and delicate spatial cues
- Uses a 6.35mm (1/4") stereo headphone jack on front panel
- Is powered by the LFP battery pack inside your unit, delivering an ultra-quiet background
The single-ended headphone stage comes standard on our Cassabria headphone amplifier, and is offered as a factory installed option on select Red Wine Audio components.
Balanced headphone stage…
- Drives a wide range of headphones with ease
- Brings music to life with stunning dynamics, fine resolution, lifelike soundstage, and natural timbre & tone
- Features a high-current, discrete FET design that delivers a clean 5 watts RMS into 32-ohms
- Uses a Neutrik 4-pin XLR output jack on front panel
- Is powered by the LFP battery pack inside your unit, delivering an ultra-quiet background
The balanced headphone stage comes standard on our Cassabria headphone amplifier, and is offered as a factory installed option on select Red Wine Audio components.
State-of-the-art technology. Delivers improved sound & added convenience compared to alternative battery types.
LiFePO4 (LFP) battery packs have much lower internal resistance (compared to SLA), which translates directly into better sound. And only Red Wine Audio offers premium LFP battery packs for an entire line of hi-fi components, resulting in:
- Great dynamics
- Tight, resolved bass
- An open and extended treble response
- The most environmentally friendly battery technology available
- 5 times the cycle life compared to sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries
- No loss in cycle life when batteries run to complete discharge
- Built-in, custom-designed cell management, optimizing battery performance and reliability
- Ease of replacement, with no special skills or soldering required
Adds richness and warmth. Standard on most components.
We’re the first company to combine tube richness and warmth, with a level of purity only LiFePO4 battery power can deliver, and make it available across an extensive line of audio components, delivering:
- A large 3-dimensional soundstage
- Lifelike harmonics and tone
- Outstanding retrieval of subtle detail
- The blackest background achievable using tubes
- An emotionally involving, “toe-tapping” listening experience
- Ability to fine tune the sound, via tube rolling, to match your system needs and musical taste
- New on-board switch allows choice of 6922 or 12AX7 families of tubes, for added flexibility in tube rolling
- New addition of polystyrene bypass capacitors provides more open and nuanced top-end response
- Operates in Class-A mode, delivering the highest level of sonic purity
- Delayed turn-on sequencing mutes audio signal while tubes warm up, avoiding turn on / off “pops”
- Maximizes tube life by heating them prior to applying plate voltage
- “Buffered-design” via high input impedance and low output impedance, breaths additional life into your music
- Auto-biasing for tubes – so just plug ‘n play!
6922 / E88CC, 6DJ8 / ECC88, 7308 / E188CC, 7DJ8 / PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8
12AX7 / ECC83, E83CC / ECC803, 5751, 12DT7 / 12DM7/12DF7, 6681, 7058, and 7025
Fully automates all aspects of battery management. AC power can be totally absent from signal path, for better sound.
Our innovative SMART board (Seamless battery Monitoring and Auto Recharge circuiT) continuously monitors battery pack voltage. When voltage drops to predetermined level, SMART turns your unit OFF and begins charging. When charging is complete, the external charger can remain connected indefinitely. It’s that simple!
New 3-position front-panel rotary switch provides added convenience when selecting one of three operating modes:
1. OFF and charging
2. ON while charging at the same time, for unlimited play time
3. ON in “Pure Battery Mode,” where both positive and negative leads of battery charger internally disconnect from battery (so there’s zero chance of sound degradation)
- In-rush current limiting provides your unit with soft starting, maximizing component lifespan
- External battery charger to completely eliminate internal AC noise
Our new Renaissance Edition enclosures fuse traditional with new design elements, resulting in a timeless, organic look.
Choose between natural maple, rich walnut or warm cherry solid-wood front & side panels — each crafted & finished by hand, and protected by multiple coats of polyurethane. We also hand-sand between coats to produce a smooth and enduring finish.
- 1/2" thick, solid-wood front and side panels*
- Laser engraved front panels
- Chrome plated, solid aluminum knobs
- Red LED "power-ON" indicator above the mode select knob
Black, powder-coated top plate with Red Wine Audio logo ventiation holes - provides easy access to inside of unit by simply removing a few thumb screws
* Wood side panels only available for units that do not have side heatsinks
Personal pride is evident in every component we build. Our products:
- Are designed and built by hand in the USA
- Incorporate premium parts throughout like discrete FETs vs. lesser sounding (and less expensive) op amps
- Feature purist circuit designs, including short and direct signal paths
- Run 'off-the-grid' on pure LiFePO4 (LFP) battery power, eliminating the AC-to-DC conversion process when listening
- Are built to last, and backed by a comprehensive 10-year warranty and highly personalized service
Note: Corvina reviews follow. Cassabria is an upgraded version of our Corvina.
Industry Feature — A behind the scenes look at the Renaissance Edition product line!
“These components will be the very best we have offered since I started RWA in 2005”
Part-Time Audiophile places our Corvina headamp on his list of “most wanted components”.
“…the Corvina’s sound is up there with the very best and significantly pricier headphone amps.”
Source: Steve Guttenberg, CNET
|Included tube||6922/E88CC dual triode|
6922/E88CC, 6DJ8/ECC88, 7308/E188CC, 7DJ8/PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8
12AX7/ECC83, E83CC/ECC803, 5751, 12DT7/12DM7/12DF7, 6681, 7058, and 7025
|Number of analog inputs||2 (single-ended RCA jacks), user selectable|
|Headphone output jacks||Neutrik 1/4" stereo output jack and 4-pin XLR (balanced)|
|Minimum headphone impedance||16-ohm|
|Output stage power||
Single-ended - 650mW into 32-ohm
Balanced, discrete, 5Wrms into 32-ohm
12dB (singled-ended and balanced outputs)
|Power supply transformer / rectifiers / transformers in signal path||None – for the purest possible sound reproduction|
Battery Pack / Charger
|Battery||Red Wine Audio 25.6V LiFePO4 battery pack|
|Battery charger||30V, 2A LiFePO4 battery charger; Input voltage range: 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz|
|Typical continuous play time in battery mode between full charges||Approximately 8 hours|
|Dimensions||11.25" width x 7" depth x 3.75" height (including feet)|
|Weight (without charger)||Approximately 7 lbs.|
|Package weight||Approximately 12 lbs.|
- Your purchase is backed by our:
- Your unit is carefully tested, inspected and packaged before making its journey to you
- We have a high level of customers satisfaction, demonstrated on our user forum
- All products are proudly hand-made in Massachusetts, USA
- Learn more about our company