Black Lightning LFP-V Edition (Discontinued)
High-Current Battery Power Supply
Now you can take select audio components off-the-grid for superior sound. Customized to meet your power and connectivity needs.
Plug-and-play replacement for inferior stock AC adaptors
AC power adaptors degrade sound quality. Feed your gear pure LFP battery power and hear:
- Improved dynamics
- Blacker backgrounds
- More natural sounding highs
- Better defined bass
- A larger soundstage
- More holographic imaging
- Fully automated power management
- Factory-configured, supporting the needs of your audio components
- Depending on requirements, unit may be able to power more than one component
- External battery charger separates AC noise from product
- Hand-built in the USA
State-of-the-art technology. Delivers improved sound & added convenience compared to alternative battery types.
LiFePO4 (LFP) battery packs have much lower internal resistance (compared to SLA), which translates directly into better sound. And only Red Wine Audio offers premium LFP battery packs for an entire line of hi-fi components, resulting in:
- Great dynamics
- Tight, resolved bass
- An open and extended treble response
- The most environmentally friendly battery technology available
- 5 times the cycle life compared to sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries
- No loss in cycle life when batteries run to complete discharge
- Built-in, custom-designed cell management, optimizing battery performance and reliability
- Ease of replacement, with no special skills or soldering required
Fully automates all aspects of battery management. AC power can be totally absent from signal path, for better sound.
Our innovative SMART board (Seamless battery Monitoring and Auto Recharge circuiT) continuously monitors battery pack voltage. When voltage drops to predetermined level, SMART turns your unit OFF and begins charging. When charging is complete, the external charger can remain connected indefinitely. It’s that simple!
New 3-position front-panel rotary switch provides added convenience when selecting one of three operating modes:
1. OFF and charging
2. ON while charging at the same time, for unlimited play time
3. ON in “Pure Battery Mode,” where both positive and negative leads of battery charger internally disconnect from battery (so there’s zero chance of sound degradation)
- In-rush current limiting provides your unit with soft starting, maximizing component lifespan
- External battery charger to completely eliminate internal AC noise
Personal pride is evident in every component we build. Our products:
- Are designed and built by hand in the USA
- Incorporate premium parts throughout like discrete FETs vs. lesser sounding (and less expensive) op amps
- Feature purist circuit designs, including short and direct signal paths
- Run 'off-the-grid' on pure LiFePO4 (LFP) battery power, eliminating the AC-to-DC conversion process when listening
- Are built to last, and backed by a comprehensive 10-year warranty and highly personalized service
“I am a big believer in clean power, and the validity of good power cords, but I’ve never had this much improvement from any power cord or line conditioner.”
Source: Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio Magazine
RWA’s high-current battery power supply goes toe-to-toe with a pricier dedicated linear power supply – and for those who value an analog sound – takes the upper hand!
“(Black Lightning on battery power) presented the greater substance of actual persons attached to those voices. And yes the battery rendering was softer, warmer, weightier, richer, creamier, more laid-back and leisurely… what hifi parlance generally equates with analogue.”
Source: Srajan Ebaen, 6moons.com
Black Lightning LFP Edition Series 10 is offered in one or two LFP battery pack configurations, supporting a range of components. Black Lightning LFP Editions are offered in both standard and custom output voltages.
Your unit can be customized to power more than one component. A single Black Lightning LFP Edition can also be configured to support more than one output voltage.
One 12.8V, 10Ah LiFePO4 battery pack
Two 12.8V, 10Ah LiFePO4 battery packs
(connected in parallel for 20Ah capacity, or in a split-supply configuration) One 25.6V, 5Ah LiFePO4 battery pack
Two 25.6V, 5Ah LiFePO4 battery packs
(connected in parallel for 10Ah capacity, or in a split-supply configuration)
|Standard output voltages||12.8V or 25.6V (nominal)|
|Custom output voltages||5V, 6V, 8V, 9V, 15V, 18V, 20V, +/- 12.8V or +/- 25.6V|
15V, 4A LiFePO4 battery charger; Input voltage range: 100 – 240Vac, 50/60Hz
30V, 2A LiFePO4 battery charger; Input voltage range: 100 – 240Vac, 50/60Hz
|Size||10" wide x 6.5" deep x 3.5" tall|
|Weight||Approximately 8 lbs. to 12 lbs., depending on configuration|