Love the warm organic sound of vinyl? Then this DAC for you!
Our Best DAC Ever!
No DAC comes closer to the warm, natural sound of vinyl records. None. And our new Renaissance Edition brings improved sound, plus further advancements in our market-leading USB technology.
Add the optional Bellina Pro, and you can choose between our traditional 16-bit DAC and high-resolution 24/192k playback, by simply flipping a switch.
This upgraded version of our highly successful Isabellina, delivers:
- Better sound
- A fresh new look
- Rapid access for tube rolling
- Expanded tube choices, for more options to tailor sound to taste
- Blacker backgrounds & improved dynamics — via upgraded DAC module, featuring 10x increase in capacitance and ultra-low-noise voltage regulation
Renaissance Edition upgrades available for your Isabellina LFP-V Edition. Learn more
- New Renaissance Edition tube stage
- New front-panel rotary switch controls power ON / OFF and SMART operation mode
- 3 inputs: Coaxial, Optical and USB
- Red Book (NOS 16-bit) playback ships standard
- Class-A FET I/V conversion stage (no opamps used)
- USB input isolates your computer’s power bus from the internal DAC chip — an innovation called “galvanic isolation” — preventing computer noise from degrading the sound
- Hand-built in the USA
- Backed by our 10-year warranty and highly personalized customer service
Optional Bellina Pro
Two digital-to-analog chips on a single board. One optimized for high-resolution playback. One optimized for Red Book playback.
- Red Book conversion via our tried-and-true 16-bit, NOS Bellina design
- High-resolution conversion via premium 24/192k Wolfson DAC chip
- Toggle between the two d/a converters by simply flipping a switch
- High-res converter also plays 16-bit, so you can choose between two sonic "flavors” when listening to Red Book
- Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192k via coax and optical inputs (more on USB below)
Bellina Pro Advanced USB Support
For computer-based audiophiles, Bellina Pro features advanced technologies bringing sonic improvements to both Red Book and high-resolution playback via USB...
- Asynchronous mode USB-to-I2S conversion (USB 2.0 compliant)
- Integer-mode compatible
- Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192k files (no driver required for Mac OS X)
State-of-the-art technology. Delivers improved sound & added convenience compared to alternative battery types.
LiFePO4 (LFP) battery packs have much lower internal resistance (compared to SLA), which translates directly into better sound. And only Red Wine Audio offers premium LFP battery packs for an entire line of hi-fi components, resulting in:
- Great dynamics
- Tight, resolved bass
- An open and extended treble response
- The most environmentally friendly battery technology available
- 5 times the cycle life compared to sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries
- No loss in cycle life when batteries run to complete discharge
- Built-in, custom-designed cell management, optimizing battery performance and reliability
- Ease of replacement, with no special skills or soldering required
Adds richness and warmth. Standard on most components.
We’re the first company to combine tube richness and warmth, with a level of purity only LiFePO4 battery power can deliver, and make it available across an extensive line of audio components, delivering:
- A large 3-dimensional soundstage
- Lifelike harmonics and tone
- Outstanding retrieval of subtle detail
- The blackest background achievable using tubes
- An emotionally involving, “toe-tapping” listening experience
- Ability to fine tune the sound, via tube rolling, to match your system needs and musical taste
- New on-board switch allows choice of 6922 or 12AX7 families of tubes, for added flexibility in tube rolling
- New addition of polystyrene bypass capacitors provides more open and nuanced top-end response
- Operates in Class-A mode, delivering the highest level of sonic purity
- Delayed turn-on sequencing mutes audio signal while tubes warm up, avoiding turn on / off “pops”
- Maximizes tube life by heating them prior to applying plate voltage
- “Buffered-design” via high input impedance and low output impedance, breaths additional life into your music
- Auto-biasing for tubes – so just plug ‘n play!
6922 / E88CC, 6DJ8 / ECC88, 7308 / E188CC, 7DJ8 / PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8
12AX7 / ECC83, E83CC / ECC803, 5751, 12DT7 / 12DM7/12DF7, 6681, 7058, and 7025
Fully automates all aspects of battery management. AC power can be totally absent from signal path, for better sound.
Our innovative SMART board (Seamless battery Monitoring and Auto Recharge circuiT) continuously monitors battery pack voltage. When voltage drops to predetermined level, SMART turns your unit OFF and begins charging. When charging is complete, the external charger can remain connected indefinitely. It’s that simple!
New 3-position front-panel rotary switch provides added convenience when selecting one of three operating modes:
1. OFF and charging
2. ON while charging at the same time, for unlimited play time
3. ON in “Pure Battery Mode,” where both positive and negative leads of battery charger internally disconnect from battery (so there’s zero chance of sound degradation)
- In-rush current limiting provides your unit with soft starting, maximizing component lifespan
- External battery charger to completely eliminate internal AC noise
Our new Renaissance Edition enclosures fuse traditional with new design elements, resulting in a timeless, organic look.
Choose between natural maple, rich walnut or warm cherry solid-wood front & side panels — each crafted & finished by hand, and protected by multiple coats of polyurethane. We also hand-sand between coats to produce a smooth and enduring finish.
- 1/2" thick, solid-wood front and side panels*
- Laser engraved front panels
- Chrome plated, solid aluminum knobs
- Red LED "power-ON" indicator above the mode select knob
Black, powder-coated top plate with Red Wine Audio logo ventiation holes - provides easy access to inside of unit by simply removing a few thumb screws
* Wood side panels only available for units that do not have side heatsinks
Personal pride is evident in every component we build. Our products:
- Are designed and built by hand in the USA
- Incorporate premium parts throughout like discrete FETs vs. lesser sounding (and less expensive) op amps
- Feature purist circuit designs, including short and direct signal paths
- Run 'off-the-grid' on pure LiFePO4 (LFP) battery power, eliminating the AC-to-DC conversion process when listening
- Are built to last, and backed by a comprehensive 10-year warranty and highly personalized service
Note: Isabellina reviews follow. Bellina is an upgraded version of our Isabellina.
Industry Feature — A behind the scenes look at the Renaissance Edition product line!
“These components will be the very best we have offered since I started RWA in 2005”
Isabellina DAC now part of Jeff Dorgay’s reference system
“Not only did it get one of our PC awards, I purchased the review sample and have been using it as a reference component for almost a year on a daily basis.”
“Isabellina gets music across in a way that is very rewarding in terms of its complexity of tonal and harmonic ‘rightness’. This complexity reveals itself as there being sense of “depth” or density to the music; not only in how the Isabellina portrays the sonic tapestry of the music, but the overall “presence” of the music as well. The Isabellina presents many layers to explore and does so with an ease and elegance that is very beguiling. There are no hard edges to the music… no grain or glare to turn one away from spending hours listening to one’s collection. No, the Isabellina is very refined while being rich, smooth, lush, and silky, all in the sense of being easy on the ears… as opposed to hard, thin, bland, closed-up, or austere.”
|Included tube||6922/E88CC dual triode|
6922/E88CC, 6DJ8/ECC88, 7308/E188CC, 7DJ8/PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8
12AX7/ECC83, E83CC/ECC803, 5751, 12DT7/12DM7/12DF7, 6681, 7058, and 7025
|Digital to analog converters (DAC)||
16-bit, non-oversampling, using purist R-2R conversion
PRO option - also includes Wolfson 24-bit/192kHz converter (user selectable)
|DAC analog output stage||Discrete, Class-A transistor output with cathode follower vacuum tube stage|
3 (USB, Coaxial, and Optical), user selectable
PRO option - Async USB input with accepted sampling frequencies of 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k, and 192kHz
|Output impedance||Less than 100 ohms|
|Output voltage||Approximately 2Vrms|
|Power supply transformer / rectifiers / transformers in signal path||None – for the purest possible sound reproduction|
Battery Pack / Charger
|Battery||Red Wine Audio 25.6V LiFePO4 battery pack|
|Battery charger||30V, 2A LiFePO4 battery charger; Input voltage range: 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz|
|Typical continuous play time in battery mode between full charges||Up to 8 hours|
|Dimensions||12" width x 9" depth x 3.5" height (including feet)|
|Weight (without charger)||Approximately 8 lbs.|
|Package weight||Approximately 14 lbs.|
- Your purchase is backed by our:
- Your unit is carefully tested, inspected and packaged before making its journey to you
- We have a high level of customers satisfaction, demonstrated on our user forum
- All products are proudly hand-made in Massachusetts, USA
- Learn more about our company