MM / MC Phonostage
For audiophiles who still cherish vinyl as the superior media.
Pure battery power where it's needed most!
Think about it, your phono stage amplifies miniscule voltages from phono cartridges. So clean power is prerequisite for getting the most from your record collection.
But how do you get clean power? Red Wine Audio's ultra-clean, high-current LiFePO4 battery power is one option. Or you could opt to purchase pricy add-ons like AC-line conditioners, exotic power cords, and who knows what else when trying to achieve great sound.
When you chose off-the-grid with Red Wine Audio, know — when it comes to lifelike sound — dollar-for-dollar Analogica can not be beat!
- Switchable MM / MC inputs;
- Fully discrete Class-A FET gain stages, avoiding sound degrading opamps
- Adjustable MC load settings, including resistor sockets for custom loading so you can optimize for any MC cartridge (no soldering required)
- Front-panel rotary switch controls power ON / OFF and SMART operation mode
- Hand-built in the USA
- Backed by our10-year warranty and highly personalized customer service
State-of-the-art technology. Delivers improved sound & added convenience compared to alternative battery types.
LiFePO4 (LFP) battery packs have much lower internal resistance (compared to SLA), which translates directly into better sound. And only Red Wine Audio offers premium LFP battery packs for an entire line of hi-fi components, resulting in:
- Great dynamics
- Tight, resolved bass
- An open and extended treble response
- The most environmentally friendly battery technology available
- 5 times the cycle life compared to sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries
- No loss in cycle life when batteries run to complete discharge
- Built-in, custom-designed cell management, optimizing battery performance and reliability
- Ease of replacement, with no special skills or soldering required
Fully automates all aspects of battery management. AC power can be totally absent from signal path, for better sound.
Our innovative SMART board (Seamless battery Monitoring and Auto Recharge circuiT) continuously monitors battery pack voltage. When voltage drops to predetermined level, SMART turns your unit OFF and begins charging. When charging is complete, the external charger can remain connected indefinitely. It’s that simple!
New 3-position front-panel rotary switch provides added convenience when selecting one of three operating modes:
1. OFF and charging
2. ON while charging at the same time, for unlimited play time
3. ON in “Pure Battery Mode,” where both positive and negative leads of battery charger internally disconnect from battery (so there’s zero chance of sound degradation)
- In-rush current limiting provides your unit with soft starting, maximizing component lifespan
- External battery charger to completely eliminate internal AC noise
Our new Renaissance Edition enclosures fuse traditional with new design elements, resulting in a timeless, organic look.
Choose between natural maple, rich walnut or warm cherry solid-wood front & side panels — each crafted & finished by hand, and protected by multiple coats of polyurethane. We also hand-sand between coats to produce a smooth and enduring finish.
- 1/2" thick, solid-wood front and side panels*
- Laser engraved front panels
- Chrome plated, solid aluminum knobs
- Red LED "power-ON" indicator above the mode select knob
Black, powder-coated top plate with Red Wine Audio logo ventiation holes - provides easy access to inside of unit by simply removing a few thumb screws
* Wood side panels only available for units that do not have side heatsinks
Personal pride is evident in every component we build. Our products:
- Are designed and built by hand in the USA
- Incorporate premium parts throughout like discrete FETs vs. lesser sounding (and less expensive) op amps
- Feature purist circuit designs, including short and direct signal paths
- Run 'off-the-grid' on pure LiFePO4 (LFP) battery power, eliminating the AC-to-DC conversion process when listening
- Are built to last, and backed by a comprehensive 10-year warranty and highly personalized service
|MM gain / load||40dB / 47k|
|MC gain / adjustable loads||60dB / (75, 82, 90, 100, 350, 500, 1k, 10k and custom load sockets to meet any loading requirement)|
|Voltage gain stage design||Fully discrete, Class-A FET|
|Output impedance||Less than 100 ohms|
|RIAA||Passive RIAA filter between two discrete, Class-A FET gain stages|
|Transformers / rectifiers / DC-DC converters||None – for the purest possible sound reproduction|
Battery Pack / Charger
|Battery||Red Wine Audio 25.6V LiFePO4 battery pack|
|Battery charger||30V, 2A LiFePO4 battery charger; Input voltage range: 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz|
|Typical continuous play time in battery mode between full charges||24 hours|
|Dimensions||12" width x 9" depth x 3.5" height (including feet)|
|Weight (w/o charger)||Approximately 8 lbs.|
|Package weight||Approximately 14 lbs.|
- Your purchase is backed by our:
- Your unit is carefully tested, inspected and packaged before making its journey to you
- We have a high level of customers satisfaction, demonstrated on our user forum
- All products are proudly hand-made in Massachusetts, USA
- Learn more about our company